Monday, November 11, 2013

A More Modern Look at the Thinker

I had no idea what to draw, and I guess it comes out in the drawing too.  The kid looks just as confused and thoughtful.   I did try to draw the face, but it only ended up spoiling the overall effect, even if the face is usually the most important part of a picture most of the time.  However, omitting the face can help teach how body language alone can send a message.  Ever heard of the expression, "Someone can say something, but their body language can mean the opposite?"  This is a very important part of learning how to understand humans and how to draw them.

Something I particularly like to try is drawing hands in all sorts of positions, even if most of the time, they end up as a complete failure!  : )  However, I keep trying and sometimes, it really is worth it, since sometimes, my own hand surprises me with its capabilities.

When I originally started drawing this picture, I had no intent of placing a rock there.  Yet, as it progressed, the need for a very conveniently placed rock arose.  So I ended up drawing it.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment